Sunday 4 January 2015

Baileys Toblerone Cheesecake Recipe - YUM!


Ugh - cheesecake. My love.

Now, as you may have seen from my last post - I'm on a weight loss journey but that doesn't stop me enjoying the food that I love. That includes cheesecake.

Luckily for me, I've already lost 53lbs (and counting) and with the plan I'm on, I can eat cheesecake and not feel bad about it.

I make a Baileys Toblerone cheesecake, which is the recipe I'm about to give to you.

It is divine.

Anyways, here is the recipe for my Baileys Toblerone cheesecake. It usually makes about 8 slices but I've sold them in bitesize portions at my café and they went down a treat!

Perfect with a cup of coffee after lunch.


**Recipe**

200g Digestive Biscuits (I'm sorry, Rich Tea just wont do!)
100g Butter
300g Cream Cheese (Philadelphia works best)
200g Whipping Cream
200g Toblerone
3-4 shots of Baileys
(When I say shots, I literally mean a shot glass of Baileys, popped into the mix!)


**Directions**

Crush digestives and melt butter in a pan, once melted, add biscuits and mix together
.Place mixture in an 8" spring form tin, flatten until even and firm
Empty cheese into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
Lightly whisk cream until almost stiff then add to the cheese
When you've finished mixing cream and cheese, add your shots of Baileys (taste to test)

(There are two options for the toblerone - I use the following method)
Break up toblerone into small pieces, add to mixture and mix well

(Second option - not one I've used)
Melt toblerone in a pan, once melted, add to cheese/cream mixture and mix well.

Pour the mixture onto the base, smooth out.
Bang cake tin onto a hard surface gently to ensure mixture settles.
Pop into the fridge for 2 -3 hours (preferably overnight)
Add some chocolate on top to decorate


Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment