Saturday 27 December 2014

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes (recipe)

These absolutely adorable Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes are a creation that my main chick & I came up with, on pancake Thursday. Yes, I said Thursday.

Now, we all know that it's pancake Tuesday but unfortunately for my main chick & I, we were both working on pancake Tuesday and didn't get a chance to make them until two days later.

This, my darlings, was the result. Beautifully crafted banana chocolate chip pancakes, which were an absolute delight to devour.

I can tell you now, I didn't leave so much as a crumb on the plate. They were awesome.

So, I feel like I should share this delightful recipe with you.


**RECIPE**

This recipe makes 4 large pancakes
adjust your supplies according the how many pancakes you wish to devour (and share..of course!)

1 1/2 cups of flour

1 tbsp of sugar

2 tsp of baking powder

1/2 tsp of cinnamon

1 1/4 cups of milk

1/2 cup of banana, mashed gently

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 tsp of vanilla essence

1/2 cup of chocolate chips, divided

Maple Syrup to drizzle


**DIRECTIONS**

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.

After mixing well, stir in milk, banana, egg and vanilla.

Fold in 1/4 cup of Chocolate chips.

Heat a pan on a medium heat with a spray of oil.
(Don't have the pan up too high, you may burn the pancakes!)

Pour batter onto pan making 3 inch rounds, roughly.

Cook for roughly two minutes or until the top starts to bubble.

Flip pancake and cook for another minute or until the pancake turns golden.

Prepare remaining pancake batter as above, adding more spray if needed.

Place on plate, sprinkle with chocolate chips and drizzle with maple syrup. 



Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment