Sunday 28 December 2014

Christmas time - Did you eat as much as I did?


Let's be honest - we all eat wayyyy too much at Christmas time and I am absolutely no exception.
I spent Christmas day eating, drinking and lazing around the house in my new pjs (and santa slippers.. yes, I'm in love with them)

So, my day started off pretty crappy - I was late getting out of bed. I'm usually the first one up on Christmas morning, jumping up and down like a 4 year old waiting on everyone else to move their bums so we can see what Santa left under the tree. Not this year.

I woke at 10.15 - for the first time in my life. I was shocked. I almost fell out of my bed.

Now, I don't know how your family does it but we choose a different family member every year and we all congregate there on Christmas afternoon, eat some nice nibbles, exchange gifts and spend quality time together. Well, much to my dismay, our ETA was supposedly 12pm - what?
Since when?! (T&T has plans elsewhere and had to leave at 2pm, which meant we all had to arrive early. Boo!)

That was not going to give me enough to time get ready, eat breakfast, open presents, and get to their house. I panicked. This meant that I could only eat toast for breakfast. Toast on the go, I might add.

Tradition in my house is usually a fry-up, juice, toast and then a cuppa to finish it all off nicely. That was not happening this year. Mostly my fault. Why did nobody wake me up?

Anyway, after we got home, the dinner was started and I made a little stop off at another family members house. Much to my delight, there was a cold bottle of Blossom Hill on the table.
No prizes for guessing what I had before dinner.

There was a delightful home-made trifle up for grabs too but I didn't want to spoil what I knew was coming as soon as I got home.

Turkey, Ham, Potatoes, Croquettes, Mushy Peas, Brussel Sprouts (Yes, I do actually like them), Carrots, Home-made Stuffing (thanks Liam!), Cranberry Sauce and Mint jelly.

My mouth was watering before it even got to the table. Christmas dinner is the one dinner of the year that I absolutely cannot WAIT to dig my claws into.

I was stuffed.  No room for seconds, for me.

I relaxed for a while. There was no chance of eating any dessert any time before 7pm.

A cold can of Canadian and some roses. That'll do the trick for now.

We had banoffee pie for dessert and my goodness, it was divine. Not home-made, unfortunately.
I just didn't have the time. Although, it was good enough.

More beer and a couple of chocolate fingers (Cadbury, of course) and I was done.

I pretty much rolled into bed, barely able to move from all I'd eaten but it was worth it.

I've already started to plan next years Christmas dinner (I'm crazy, I know) but this one will involve some home-made desserts.


I'm curious, does anybody else eat as much on Christmas? Or was that just me?

*Hic*





921dabc09ea0322c0b8dc13528f7e5d5cf2e53aab7834bfc17

No comments:

Post a Comment